Thursday 29 December 2011

LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT - A TRIBUTE TO A MOTHER

A tepid daybreak heard the ear-piercing cries of a new-born. The most auspicious and heart-warming aurora for a mother had finally dawned, following the excruciating birth process and the prenatal period which only and only a MOTHER can bear. The unbreakable bond between a mother and a child was established the moment my infantile eyelids flipped open and acknowledged those beautiful and unforgettable eyes gazing upon me with love and fervor beyond anyone’s comprehension. Yessssssssssss ! That is precisely what love at first sight is. Don’t you agree ? I know you all do. Apart from God Almighty, she is the only entity whom we would turn to, whether it be a time of high spirits or a feeling of thoughtful sadness.

From the day I gained consciousness (and even before that) I have found my mother occupied with our rearing and continuously engaged in household chores, working like a trojan, incessantly. I cannot recall a period when she took a break for herself and watched some television at a stretch. Nor can I remember of a time when she expressed her feeling of going out with us for recreation and entertainment. Her unrelenting attitude in bringing up her family is strikingly noteworthy (I know, I know, the appropriate word should be praiseworthy but mere praising definitely does not suffice the unlimited perseverance which a mother exhibits in raising her children and making sure that everything in her house is maintained in a ‘prim and proper’ manner). In other words, a mother’s dutiful nature towards her family is a profound one and cannot be simply put into words.

I would totally concur with the following famous quotation by Mildred B. Vermont;

“Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.” 

She made sure that we were bred with the finest of education with the ultimate never-dying hope of seeing our well-settled lives (though I have never lived up to her sincere expectations which is a lack on my part only). She has undoubtedly delivered the best of the best mother in her. The balance that she has maintained between her children, her loving husband and the in-laws is laudable, beyond any doubt.  I have over-grown her height and crossed the 30-year mark now, but the amount of love and affection she carries for me never depletes. While I am at work, over-occupied with the job, seldom do I call her and inquire about her health. But she never sleeps nor does she forget to make calls at regular intervals during the day, anxious to know how her son is doing.

The punching of keys could go on uninterruptedly as there is unlimited stuff to put down in black and white about this angel blessed upon us and whenever I ponder over the toiling life that she has led, the ocular senses start brimming with tears. I cannot be thankful enough to Almighty God for bestowing us with such a wonderful gift called MOTHER, the replica of which could never ever be found in the distant and ever-expanding universe. She is always there to listen to our heart, always there to make us happy, always there to rectify and hide our mistakes, always present to share and cut-down our depression and most importantly always there to change our diapers. A perfect one-window solution to all the problems we face.   

It has been so beautifully put by the last messenger of God, the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) as under;

“Heaven lies beneath the feet of mother.”   

Kudos to all the mothers out there.

Loads and tons of love and affection.

Tehsin Shah
Karachi – Pakistan
Dec, 2011 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have illustrated factual feelings of every sensitive person, who is not a good writer like me. Well done.

      Farhana Tabish

      Delete